CONSULTANCY EXPERTISE & OFFERS
Management consultancy business with expertise in Finance Transformation.
HARWELL MANAGEMENT’S FINANCE TRANSFORMATION OFFER
Banking | Finance | Insurance.
Harwell Management’s support.
Harwell Management, your management consultancy company, is specialised in the transformation of the finance function. More than ever, financial departments are at the heart of our clients’ strategies. In this context, our firm, with our teams of experts, responds to the challenges of increasing regulatory requirements, internal requirements in terms of efficiency and profitability and the transformation of operational and business models for its clients. Find out more about its work in the banking, financial and insurance sectors.
Analysis of regulatory texts
Operational impact assessment in respect of regulatory changes
Finance function transformation support
Change management of the overhaul of accounting and financial information systems
Management control and performance management
Asset Management – Asset and Liability Management/Liquidity Management
The regulatory change agenda are driving the transformation of finance functions in the pursuit of greater efficiency and profitability. Financie departments are more than ever at the heart of our client’s strategies and we are on the front line of support for them.
The finance departments of the clients we support are focused on the transformation of banking and insurance business models.
In pursuit of this strategic aim, finance departments must ensure they meet all regulatory and business as usual changes across their organisations. They must also meet the needs of business and Group requirements and manage the efficient allocation of scarce resources (equity and liquidity).
HARWELL MANAGEMENT IS YOUR PARTNER
Our professionals assist bank and insurance finance departments with their change and transformation projects, financial and prudential regulation issues as well as adding business and functional expertise.
Organisation and accounting and financial processes
- Audit and diagnosis of organisations and processes of the accounting function: efficiency, quality of service and security of the structure and processes
- Mapping and modelling of production processes and control of accounting and management information
- Improvement of processes (reliability of accounting information, reduction of production time, improvement of the quality of the data, improvement of the communication between the processes of the Finance Function (strategic, budgetary, piloting, production …)
- Redesign and/or optimisation, deployment (tools and Lean 6S approach) training and change management
- Rationalisation of tasks, outsourcing of tasks (centres of expertise, shared service centres …)
Financial and prudential regulation
- IFRS expertise, SURFI, ANACREDIT, SOX, FATCA, COREP, FINREP, US GAAP, Basel 2/3/4 …
- Regulatory and prudential impact studies
- Compliance with legal and group obligations
- Convergence of data and consistency between accounting data / management / risks
- Project management
Management control and performance management
- Definition and implementation of strategic management controls
- Audit and analysis of the existing situation of Management Control (in connection with the Finance IS) and Gap Analysis
- Definition of reporting statements / management indicators (financial / operational)
- Definition of responsibilities (“central vs. local”) between management control, accounting, business, risk monitoring ….
- Planning and recasting of budget management (in line with the Group strategy)
- Management of revenues and costs (ABC full or light method) as well as scarce resources (liquidity and capital)
Accounting and financial
- Diagnosis of the tools in use, definition of target architecture and Gap Analysis
- Assistance in the design and implementation of target IT solutions (Business Case, help with the choice of software package, testing and homologation, training …)
- Definition of the functional, application and technical architecture, alignment of the IS
- Industrialisation of power supplies and uniqueness of source data
- Deployment: assistance and change management
Our added value
Our teams of business and functional experts from banking, insurance and management consulting firms have significant expertise in optimising finance functions. We are very adaptable to different financial ecosystems and our depth of experience give us the perspective to implement strategic change to create value.