I “At the heart of strategy and value creation”
The last financial crisis, companies’ internal requirements and policy-related developments imposed by regulators have brought Chief Financial Officers to the heart of the strategy in banking establishments and insurance companies.
These new remits are in response to the big changes instilled by the globalisation of the financial sector in terms of:
- Concentration of banks with the aim of reaching a critical size large enough to overcome the market’s challenges;
- Reconciliation of Banking and Insurance activities (Insurance banking);
- Gradual separation of retail banking and investment banking activities;
- Transparency and reliability of financial information (Regulations, Compliance and Information Systems);
- Rigorous risk management within Banks and Insurance companies (Basel 2/3, Solvency 2).